Friday, January 24, 2014
Keys to Maximizing Your Student's Motivation
One of the biggest challenges for any school is how to keep students motivated. It's challenging to create a school environment where everyone wants to show up every day. There are some key things that you want to keep in mind. Students are not always clear on their goals. School should be a place where they can find their purpose. Students need an opportunity to express themselves and school is a great place to do it. If all classes find a way to incorporate interactive projects and group efforts and friendly competition you will get better results. Allow students to offer suggestions. Here are more tips:
1. Offer tutoring throughout the day and encourage students to earn better grades
2. Hire teachers who believe that the students are going to be success
3. Incorporate current events into all classes
4. Have a school wide community project
5. Visit cultural locations with students in another city
6. Have a council of student leaders that represent each grade
7. Give students an opportunity to teach a part of your lesson.
8. Develop an exchange of idea program with another school
9. Get your local college's small business office to help your students with starting their own small businesses
10. Create many ways for parents to participate in the school with conference calls and meetings at the school and in the community.
Don''t stay stuck in the way that you've done things with your students. They are waiting for you to be innovative and engaging. There is a lot that you can do differently and it won't cost money. Always ask your students questions. They want a good school environment too. Seek to uncover your leaders. Some disruptive students are leaders who have not found the right way to express themselves. Ask them to help organize the right thing and this student will change. Every student needs a spark to ignite their enthusiasm for learning. Take time to listen to your students and you can uncover all that's necessary to raise your students motivation. Dr. Stephen Jones is an professional development/workshop presenter http://bit.ly/MjQ16z and author of the Seven Secrets of How to Study at http://bit.ly/19Vg9ew.