1. Show staff your goal for the year and how you all can measure progress.
2. Be a visible leader with students, staff and teachers.
3. Change starts with you
4. Visit another school to see how they implement a good professional development
5. Have a monthly conference call with your professional development presenter
6. Don't give up change takes time
7. Ask the presenter what resources will help your school to become better
8. Expect great things for your school. Your energy will spill over to everyone.
9. Ask your teachers and staff for suggestions. Express appreciation and let them know when you are implementing their suggestion.
10. Try a new professional development presenter
You should select the professional development that fits your school. Find ways to move the items that are in the way of your student's progress. Seek to strengthen the resources that teachers will need to help students to achieve. Don't look at change as work. Look at it as an opportunity to make your school function better. Move forward with purpose there is nothing you can do about the past. Dr. Stephen Jones is a professional development presenter and author. To reach him email email@example.com or 610-842-3943. Visit his website at http://bit.ly/19Vg9ew.