1. Let them know that teaching gets better over time. Don't give up.
2. A mentor who can help them to brainstorm and identify alternative responses to different classroom situations
3. Surround themselves with supportive staff
4. Spend time having a general conversation with students outside of the classroom to encourage enthusiasm for learning
5. Read books and listen to MP3 recordings that help you to stay motivated to teach
7. Work to incorporate different learning styles in your instruction.